Dr. Markarian, a plastic surgeon in Boston, MA, offers the Brazilian Butt Lift for patients who are not happy with the size, appearance, or shape of their buttocks.
Whether your buttocks have lost volume and deflated because of the effects of pregnancy, weight fluctuations, or the natural aging process, or even if you just never had a round, perky and well-shaped butt, the Brazilian Butt Lift may be a good option for you. The Brazilian Butt Lift is a cosmetic procedure that takes unwanted fat from other areas of your body, like your waist, and then uses the fat to enhance your buttocks.
Every year, thousands of individuals in Boston enjoy a successful Brazilian Butt Lift. They are thrilled and amazed with their youthful, and shapely contours as well as their newly lifted buttocks. The results are fabulous.
Here are some Brazilian butt lift FAQs that will help you make the right decision.
- What Is A Brazilian Butt Lift?
It’s a procedure that helps enhance the natural curves and shape of your butt. The procedure is also called a butt augmentation. During a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure, fat cells are taken from another part of your body through liposuction, and these living cells are then transplanted into your buttocks in order to add more volume for a sexier and curvier look.
Over the course of your recovery process, these fat cells will start to thrive in their new location, making them a permanent part of your buttocks.
- Are You A Candidate?
- You are an ideal candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift if you are in good mental and physical health, but are not happy with the shape, size or profile of your butt.
- Is This Procedure Only For Women?
Although Brazilian Butt Lifts are often performed on women, it is still a great option for many men. Actually, many Brazilian Butt Lifts in Boston are performed on men. It is worth mentioning that the placement of the fat is often a little different for men if they’re trying to maintain their masculine shape.
- How Long Does The Procedure Take?
The Brazilian Butt Lift procedure is performed in our fully accredited and certified office operating room. Keep in mind that depending on the exact amount of liposuction as well as fat transfer you require, the procedure will take around three hours. Then you will spend about one to two hours in our recovery room until you’re safely discharged.
- What Type Of Scarring Can You Expect From A Brazilian Butt Lift?
Actually, there will only be a few scars from the liposuction needed to harvest the fat required for transfer to your buttocks. Usually, there are three small incisions. They are about 5mm to 8mm long, often in your front mid-section. And one is often close to each hip, while one is hidden by your belly button.
These incisions are quite small and become almost unnoticeable after just a few months.
- How Long Do The Results Last?
Brazilian Butt Lift surgery will transfer your fat cells to another location in the body (your buttocks), where they will grow their own supply of blood. It is worth mentioning that about 30 percent of your fat cells won’t be able to grow adequate blood supply and would die as a result. Keep in mind that this death usually occurs during the initial few weeks, and does not pose any threat to you.
On the other hand, the cells which survive would remain forever. This is why the results would be permanent and lasting provided you maintain your healthy weight over time. It is important to remember that weight gain can cause your butt as well as hips to expand while weight loss will, conversely, cause these areas to shrink.
You can expect some changes over time because all bodies tend to undergo a normal and healthy aging process; that being said, butt augmentation Boston is carefully designed to be permanent.
- When Can You Go To Work After The Brazilian Butt Lift?
Usually, after the procedure, a majority of people are able to resume work within just one week. Keep in mind that you should wear a special and comfy compression garment. You should also try to avoid directly sitting on the implanted fat. You can sit on pillows for two weeks.
- How Can You Prepare For Your Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery?
- You should have a reasonable and realistic expectation of what the surgery can accomplish
- Do not smoke or use nicotine in any type or form for 3 weeks (at least) and ideally longer prior to (and after) your surgery
- You should look closely at before and after photographs and understand what types of surgery techniques you’re interested in
- You should stay well hydrated and well rested
- Consume a nutritious and balanced diet with lots of protein
- In case your daily diet is lacking in vitamins, you should take zinc and vitamin C supplements, but ask a plastic surgeon in Boston about various other supplements as well. We have a comprehensive list of all ingredients we will request you to avoid in the pre-op phase in order to minimize bleeding risk and optimize healing
- Ideally, designate a caretaker (friend or family member) who could help you during the initial 7-14 days after the Brazilian Butt Lift.
- What If You Don’t Have Enough Body Fat For A Brazilian Butt Lift?
A plastic surgeon in Boston may require you to gain weight temporarily if you do not have the needed amount. As the fat that is transferred usually retains its standard “weight loss resistance,” your added weight would ideally be expected to transfer to your buttocks after your Brazilian Butt Lift is complete. Also, it will be partially resistant to dissolving in case you lose the weight later on. Also, note that in some cases, patients are simply too thin and are not good candidates for the Brazilian Butt Lift. So, in this case, you may be advised against this procedure.
- Will Your Butt Get Bigger If You Gain Weight?
Keep in mind that fat cells tend to become larger if you gain weight and get smaller with weight loss. This is why you could become heavier without actually adding fat cells. So, the same would be true following a Brazilian butt lift. Your fat cells which have become vascularized are going to stay, and they tend to behave like it. The cells would grow in case you put on weight; as a result, your butt is likely to get bigger. That being said, the overall proportionality of your shape should not fluctuate.
- What Are The Likely Side Effects?
Some of the most common side effects of butt lift surgery Boston include swelling, bruising, lumps, and asymmetry; however, don’t worry as these are often temporary and subtle. Our procedure is carefully designed to transplant your healthiest fat cells only, but it is not uncommon for transferred fat cells to die. This process is called fat necrosis. It may create a few hard lumps in your transplant areas; however, this is uncommon, and these lumps are often small and not visible.
- Do You Need To Go Under Complete Anesthesia For The Surgery, And Is A Brazilian Butt Lift Risky?
Plastic surgeon in Boston prefers to perform Brazilian butt lift with patients under general anesthesia. This is because he thinks that it is the most effective way to achieve an ideal and desirable cosmetic result. It also keeps you nice and comfortable while the procedure is being performed. Also, note that during your butt lift surgery, you’ll be continuously monitored by a competent and board-certified anesthesiologist.
Just like any other surgery, there are some risks to this procedure. And the most serious risk linked to a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure is the inadvertent injection of fat into your blood vessel. It is called a fat embolism and could be fatal in some cases. Plastic surgeon in Boston uses safe techniques in order to minimize this risk, such as specialized injection cannulas as well as special injection techniques, like not injecting fat into your buttock muscle.
- How Much Does A Brazilian Butt Lift In Boston Cost?
The cost of a Brazilian butt lift in Boston depends on a number of different factors which are unique and specific to your custom treatment plan. We will discuss the Brazilian butt lift cost in detail during your consultation, along with all available payment options.